Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"In this manner, therefore, pray..." (Matt 6:9)

For so many years, I've been praying, both personal and community prayers but never have I truly experienced prayer, and learned of the true meaning of it until I prayed with the high school youth of Zambia. They truly exemplify St. Paul's teaching when he says "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God" (Phil 4:6). They prayed trusting that God is in their presence and listening to their every cry. They were literally reaching out their hands to Him, believing that He will take it.

Their supplications stirred up something inside of me, I've never felt before in prayer, but it was their repentance in prayer, that brought me to tears. There was about 60 high school youth and all (I mean every single one) were literally following St James' word in his epistle saying "Confess your tresspasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed" (James 5:16) And right then God revealed to me the secret of this blessed land.




No comments:

Post a Comment