Saturday, December 31, 2011

A New Beginning...Once More

A new year is once more upon us and like every year, I pick a promise that God proclaimed in His word and I hold Him to it. Just as I always expect, He hasn't failed me yet.This year He promises "Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert" (Isaiah 43:19) He will make a way, where there is no way. He will grant hope where there is much despair, peace in-spite of war, joy where there is much sadness, protection and support in the midst of an unpredictable world. His hand will save in a brand new way, that springs forth and catches us off track. He will go above and beyond the possible, turning the deserts of our lives into rivers of abundant blessings in all shapes and forms.

To my surprise however, my Lord started fulfilling His promise a bit earlier this year here in Zambia. I'm sure this has been fulfilled in so many other ways, but I first saw this promise fulfilled at the Coptic hospital in the last few days. With the approach of the new year, came two brand new twin girls. They are the daughters of one of our beloved deacons here and his wife at St. Mark's church in Zambia--his name is David. David's babies were born six weeks pre-mature at 1.4 kilo/each and one of them had pneumonia and couldn't breath on her own. When I saw how everything came into place to save these girls, there was no other possible explanation except that God has been preparing streams for them in this desert all along. A few weeks before their arrival, three new incubators have been donated to the hospital (each at about $60K USD), not to mention, God sent my husband--the only pediatrician here, to Zambia. From the moment they were born, Fady spent every waking moment with them until he trained nurses to continue their care and stay by the girls' side day and night.

Not only was a road paved for them to live, but God sent them a Christmas gift too. A pregnant woman was walking by and saw them and told the nurse, that she was supposed to deliver 6 weeks early but her baby made it to full term and she would donate all the pre-mature baby clothes she bought for her baby to the girls. The girls are doing amazingly well and in a few weeks will get to go home.

I know that the same God who had done great and mighty things for these girls, will continue to work in our lives this new upcoming year. And I know, that like every year, I have one small job to do to see God's glory. "Repent and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord" (Acts 3:19)

This way, with our continuous repentance, and the Lord promising to be so near, this year and every year will be a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment